Tuesday, January 21, 2014

CLASS CANCELLED TODAY

I don't usually do this, but I'm going to have to cancel classes.  I have a crazy flu virus I need to get over to make sure I can teach you at 100% the rest of this week.  For anyone that had questions about their project, feel free to contact me sometime today via email, at mshaw@mca.edu.  If you do contact me, please do the following:

  1. Type COMMAND + SHIFT + 3 (for the entire screen) or COMMAND + SHIFT + 4 (for part of the screen) and take a snapshot of your project.  
  2. Email me the snapshot, and details about the problem you are having. I will do my best to get back to you in a speedy manner.

I have notified Jeff about the issues we had in Adobe Illustrator, and IT is currently troubleshooting solutions.  Until they are fixed, we may have to work primarily on the STUDENT account in class when incorporating outside images.  I have asked everyone to have a flash drive or external hard drive to save their work.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------


We will not be able to discuss it in class today, but our student accounts are set up.
If you are interested in saving your assignment to the school server, please do the following:

  1. On the desktop, go to the menu above and click GO ----> Connect to Server
  2. In the "Server Address" window, type "dali."  Hit enter. 
  3. In the next window, you will be prompted to "Enter your name and password for the server "dali." Type in the name and password you use for your personal account. Click Connect.  If you are connecting from home, you would use "mcalabs.net" instead.
  4. Make sure "Classes" is highlighted and click ok.
  5. Find the FD170D Folder, and double click it.
  6. Once you enter that folder, you can create a new folder with your name, just as I have done here.   You can also save iterations of your projects here to turn in as well.  Those of you who have saved a version of your project in my folder must take it out, and make new individual folders for yourself.  

We will cover a few more things you can do with the server on Thursday, but use this for now to make sure your assignment is backed up somewhere.  You might have noticed your project file size is really small.  Use this to your advantage to save your work in as many places as possible. You might be able to email yourself a copy of your assignment as well.

I will see everyone in class on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment